Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Landon's Birth Story

I wanted to share Landon's birth story for those who haven't heard it and for my own record. My due date was November 4, 2011 but my son decided to come on Tuesday, November 1, 2011. I was about to leave my apartment to go pick my mom up from the airport, when I heard and I felt a big gush of water down my leg. I immediately called Kyle and told him my water had broke. He rushed home from work, picked me up, and off to the hospital we went (I was very surprised how calm Kyle was (=). We got to the hospital around 9:30 am. My doctor was already there doing his rounds, so he was able to check on me. Only 1/4 of my water sac had broke so he broke the rest of it and I was dilated to 4.  By 10:30 I was receiving my epidural (I would highly recommended getting a epidural asap and not waiting until you're dilated to 7 or 8) and the waiting game began. Waiting to be dilated to a 10 is really boring, Kyle, mom, and I just mostly watched TV all day. Finally, around 4:30 I was ready to begin pushing. About after 15 mins of pushing, Landon hadn't moved at all so the nurse turned off my epidural so I could feel the contractions and know when to push. I was very mad they turned off my epidural, what's the point of getting an epidural if they are just going to turn it off?? Anyways, I pushed for about another 30 mins and still no success. My doctor checked my pelvic bone and turns out it's only about 2 inches wide and there was no way a baby's head was going to fit. I was told I could push for another 3 days and the baby wouldn't come out. I ended up having a C section.

I went in for my C section around 6:00 and at 6:24 pm Landon was born. The only thing I remember about the C section is that it hurt a lot. Apparently, I was screaming and so they had to knock me out. When I woke up, I had a new baby! He weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces and was 19 inches long.

I don't remember much from the hospital stay expect there was a lot of pain and Kyle changing his first ever dirty diaper. Here are some pics from the hospital Kyle's sister, Heather, took. Landon was 22 hrs old. 







3 comments:

  1. Yay, welcome to blog-land! :) It'll be fun to see more pics and hear about Landon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! and welcome to the world of the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I need to come see him!

    ReplyDelete