Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Motherhood Oops

Have you ever had an "Oops" Moment as a parent? Have you ever thought to yourself, "Oops maybe I shouldn't have done that" or "Oops, I can't believe that happened"? Well, I have had  a lot of them and thought I would share some.

My "Oops" Moments

  • One night, when Landon was 6 or 7 weeks old, I was giving him an early morning feeding and as usual he didn't finish his bottle. So I went to put the leftover milk in the fridge. As I was putting the bottle on the top shelf, I realized it wasn't the bottle I was putting in, it was, in fact, Landon's leg that I was setting on the top shelf. Yes, I was about to put my son in the fridge. Oops. 
  • Sometimes I call Landon, Colin, which is the name of my nephew. He lives over 1000 miles away so I'm not for sure why I get them mixed up. 
  • This next one has happened more than once. After Landon eats during the night, I change his diaper. A few times I have crawled back into to bed and realize I never put a diaper back on Landon. I had taken the wet diaper off, button up his pajamas, and placed him back in his crib. I just never put a new diaper on. Luckily, I always remember to go back and do it. Otherwise, he would have a very wet bed in the morning. 
  • This is my most embarrassing moment as a parent. Last week I was feeding Landon and while he was eating he dirtied his diaper. No big deal, I changed it as usual and went about my day. Later, when I was at the store, I looked down and there was poop all over my pants. I guess it had linked out while I was feeding him. Needless to say, I check my pants after every diaper change  now. 

1 comment:

  1. hehehe, those made me laugh! The adventures of being a mom are rarely what you think they're going to be!

    ReplyDelete