Sunday, August 5, 2012

I believe in Miracles

Yesterday, I received a phone call from my mom saying there were several wildfires in Oklahoma. The fires were a few miles from the town in which I grew up in, Mannford. Some of my friend's home had been lost. My parents were fine and were still in at their house. A few hours later, my mom called me again and told me she was being evacuated. In fact, the whole town was under mandatory evacuation. The whole town was blocked off so no one get in.

My dad and brother own an auto shop. They stayed behind to help people with their cars and help firefighters with their trucks and provide necessary supplies. I received another phone call about 9:00 last night and the fire was about 100 feet behind my parent's business. It was burning the business right behind them. (The auto shop is the very beginning of town, once the fire got it, it would get the whole town). I received another phone call about 10:00. The fire didn't get my parents business. It took a turn in the other direction and the firefighters had gotten it under control. My parents house and business were okay. The town was going to be fine.

Though a lot of houses and building were burnt down and over 50,000 acres were burnt no lives were lost. I am so very thankful for the safety of my family and friends.

Yesterday on facebook ,everybody kept asking to please pray for my family, please pray for our house, please pray for Oklahoma. I did pray, I recruited Kyle's family to pray, and it worked.

I believe in the power of prayer. I believe in the strength of numbers when it comes to prayer. I know the Lord was watching over my family and friends. I am so thankful for the Gospel in my life and the comfort it brings me.

I will be going home in about a week. I will post pics of the fire damage

My parent's business is the one on the left with the two cars. 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment